and incorporated herein by reference.
Collection of Personal Information
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide – When you sign up for a RATESHOP.COM account or other service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information, and when you submit a mortgage loan application, we collect your personal and financial information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, driver's license number, bank account information, employment information, and other personal information. If you provide personal and/or financial information when you use any RATESHOP.COM features, that personal information may be disclosed to third parties.
* Log information - When you use RATESHOP.COM services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Uploaded content - When you voluntarily choose to upload any personal information, including but not limited to financial information, on any area of the RATESHOP.COM Website, this information may be made available to third party lenders, and may be accessed, viewed, stored, collected or used by such third party lenders, subject to your restrictions.
* User communications - When you send email or other communications to RATESHOP.COM, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
* Affiliated sites - We offer some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to RATESHOP.COM in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read and fully understand their privacy policies.
* Links - RATESHOP.COM may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search functions, customized content and advertising.
Uses of Personal Information
* Providing our products and services to users, including the set-up and management of accounts/profiles;
* Submitting mortgage loan applications on behalf of users;
*Research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
*Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
*Developing new services; and
*Providing promotional electronic mailings, such as newsletters and other updates, to our users. Users may opt out of receiving such promotional electronic mailings by following the unsubscribe feature contained within the mailing.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt-out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case RATESHOP.COM may not be able to provide those and/or other services to you.
RATESHOP.COM only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of RATESHOP.COM in the following limited circumstances:
* We have your consent.
* We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
* We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal data, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
* For your convenience we provide your teacher with your RATESHOP.COM account username and password so that s/he can quickly provide you with this information in the event that you forget or misplace your login information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to RATESHOP.COM employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, potentially including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
RATESHOP.COM processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use RATESHOP.COM services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information.
RATESHOP.COM regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or RATESHOP.COM treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at 350 E. Market Street, West Chester, PA 19380. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is RATESHOP.COM's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between RATESHOP.COM and an individual.
Changes to this Policy